Friday, September 03, 2004

My earlier hurricane update

I had been working on learning blogging earlier and started this STORM update, only I somehow didnt get it posted, it went into comments instead...so a friend told me to copy and paste it ....so we'll see if it works.

At 11:02 AM, Diane "AKA" MLMBlonde said…
Guess I've not had much time to work on learning this lately.

I live in the great state of FLORIDA where we are now awaiting our 2nd hurricane in 3 weeks.

Hurricanes are a fact of life here, but lately they have become more and more wicked than ever before. I think we're living in the end times where that's been predicted for thousands of years.Charlie was quite wicked and came inland a few weeks ago and destroyed the south western part or our state.

Now we are waiting for Frances and waiting and waiting. The entire atlantic side of our state has been running and evacuating for days.

I'm in the Tampa Bay area so I'm thankful that I am not in the direct line of fire this time as we were 3 weeks ago. It can be very scary cause as good as the weather people are no one can predict exactly where these suckers go.

Last time we sat and watched it aimed at us for 3-4 days and only 3 hours before getting to us, it took an abrupt turn and went instate and missed us by 60 miles.Watching the destruction of homes and businesses, I know I am very thankful that I started a home business years ago, because should that happen to us here, at least I have no job to lose and my checks would still come in as I rebuild.

Now as we wait on Frances, predictions keep changing. I feel very sorry for the Bahamas. Frances has been stalled there now for days .... they are taking a hammering.

Stay tuned and I will add to this as we go along.

Regards

Diane

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hello Diane! Hang in there!

I will be reading your blog on the edge of my seat - my mom lives in the Tampa Bay area too (Plant City). I have a feeling you won't get too hard there but sending good wishes your way just in case.