Sunday, September 05, 2004

Sunday 11 AM

When I went to bed a 2 AM I could not Sleep cause the noise was so loud, the rain and wind was heavy. I just listened to the sounds, for an hour or so then the last time I looked at the clock it was about 3:30 AM and I must have fallen asleep. Next time I looked at the clock it was 5:15 AM and very quiet, then I fell back asleep until about 8 or so.

I woke up totally dizzy. I do that sometimes, so I flipped on the TV and was thankful to see there was still power. I saw 3 or 4 pictures on tv of the screen. Watching all the pictures from our west coast does not look good. It's very scary.

We are counting our blessings right now to still have power, but had reports that there are already about 40,000 in our county without power. The storm is still a long way from us and they say that it will be here in a few hours. It's hard to believe when you see the winds and rain that this thing is not even here.

It also makes me realize how unprepared we are for this. I do have some snacks and stuff like that but no way to cook without power. We plan to go ahead and cook something early for today and then who knows from there. I'm just praying our powere holds on and the storm goes on further north or back out to sea.

The funny thing about this is watching. The winds at my house are form the NORTH WEST ....which is freaky. In my mind I'm thinking with the storm to my SOUTH, you would think the winds would blow from the south, but that's not the case. The news caster just said that tonight that will change and the winds will come more from the south. The wind comes is waves, the trees blow and blow and then it stops. It's very strange. Pray for as we are surrounded by bit oak trees.

Those of you reading this that are in the panhandle, take today to get ready...get a way to cook, get batteries and lots of supplies as they say once it clears are area the warm waters of the gulf will allow it to build again and pick up speed as it comes your way.

I watched them declare our entire state a disaster are already and It looks like it will hang here for another day or 2. Those that evacuated our state are also going to have a hard time getting back all at once. They recommend you stay away so that everyone does not try to come back at once.

IF we have power later I will try to update this. Keep us in your prayers all.

No comments: