Saturday, September 04, 2004

Outer bands

Well looks like the first part of the storm is about to decend on us. It's 5:30 and the treess are blowing like crazy one minute and the next the kind of just stop, sort of weird. Rains have also just started coming in.

Timing was pretty perfect as Hubby was able to retrieve the meat from the smoker before the rains. We're watching a movie cause that weather stuff on tv got kind of old.

I'm hoping we keep in power. I want to thank all of you wonderful friends that keep popping up to send you wishes. It's so neat to have know so many wonderful people all around the country. I had offers from many states to come and stay with them as the storm passes, but decided to stay and ride it out.

We have plenty of movies to watch if power holds, so will keep busy.

Looking out the window it's so strange as the tree will be blowing all over one minute with branches touching the ground, and then 5 minutes later totally calm. The sun went away but then it sort of came back thru the rain, really weird.

I guess this is the first band. I just saw my friend Deb over on AOL ...she is about 30 minutes to the Northwest of me and she says it is pouring there. Hard to know what to expect.

Well I'm off to answer email while I have a chance. Keep all of us in your prayers everyone

DI

No comments: