Saturday, September 25, 2004

GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

That is how I feel with this weekly or ever other week hurricane. This time I'm totally unprepared, have not gotten out anything special, like the normal junk food. The last 3 hurricanes must have added 10 pounds to me, as I bought up crackers, cookies, snack food that does not require refrigeration. This time, this silly Jeanne looked fickle. She went north and then up into the atlantic, then did a complete circle to take aim at Florida.

Looks like now, it is going to hit the poor folks at Ft Pierce again.

HOWEVER, watching the TV now for the first time in days, I can literally FEEL the response of the others in the state, that feels just like me. APATHETIC.

People are calling in to ask questions about Can they go to the gator game first, when the east coast has been ordered to evacuate. They don't want to miss the game. The last question they called in this channel to ask if the game scheduled in an hour would be put on instead of the weather. People have watched the warnings, how to get ready, what to do, what to buy so many times (almost every week for almost 2 months now)...that they are tired of hearing it. I know I am.

I have so many flashlights, batteries, and so much frozen water in our big freezer from Charley, Frances and Ivan, that I didn't need to do anything in that line. After Ivan, Hubby was fussing at me to take out the water bottles so that he could find the real food, however, I told him no point in doing it over and over, just leave it in case we need it next week. SORRY to say I was right.....but it saved me having to do it over.

Looking for the positive in everything the good points of this one:

1. Hubby brought home several dozen plants he just put in the ground this morning, we don't have to worry now about watering them enough.

2. I don't have to buy tons of water, cause I already have the freezer full, same with batteries, radios. I also have not unpacked my imporant papers that I put into plastic.

3. I dont have as much to pick up cause I didn't put everything back from the last 3 things.


Seriously though this is getting kind of nuts.... and I'm so sick of watching hurrican projections I could have been a meteorologist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless, Diane. I used to live in Jacksonville and went through hurricanes and know what's it's like, sort of. But so many in one season!
Neale
Vancouver, Canada