Sunday, September 05, 2004

The eye of the storm

Looks like we are not about in the eye of the storm but thank goodness it has been downgraded to a tropical storm. I can NOT even imagine being in the eye of a category 4 hurricane, as this is supposed to be only now a tropical storm here, and the trees flying like this.

The area is so saturated that with all the rain, trees are in soft soil and are falling.

I am truly counting my blessings for the fact that thru all this we have had power and cable. That is truly a blessing and I am very thankful for that. Right now they have 180,000 in our area out of power. I'm just praying we stay fortunate as we are now.

So far looking out the only damages I can see from inside are tree limbs, branches and minor things like that. There will be lost of clean up to do around this state for a long time to come.

I'm getting very tired and bored. It is old just sitting and waiting and waiting. W e watch lots of people on TV that are out at the beach and looking around, totally stupid. Only time will tell. It 's sad to see the destruction.


No comments: