Saturday, September 04, 2004

Wee Hours Of Sunday

Here I am again. It's almost 1 AM. and just had word a tornado is headed our way, and we're under a watch for the next 30 minutes or so.

This storm is just hanging in there sitting down there just off the coast of the West Palm area. I guess all of the country is getting some of the same type reports. In my area, as we sit and wait, it's weird. The wind will blow and the trees really rock, and it will rain, and then all of a sudden just stop.

I just heard word on the TV that they do not expect the tropical force type winds to hit us until tomorrow about 11 am or so. It's funny, I am sort of tired however, everytime we've had a storm like this, I go to bed listening to the news and wake up to totally different things happening with the storm. There has never been one this big to engulf our whole state before.

Basically today, we watched a movie, and then we ate, played cards and ate some more. My friends are here with their 2 dogs. My father in law came later as he got evacuated from his area, and he brought his cat. We put the cat in the laundry room as she would be scared of the dogs and the dogs have never been around cats.

If we have to wait much longer, we're going to end up putting on much weight, just sitting around waiting and eating and waiting. The sad part of the whole thing, I really feel bad for those folks that were south of us that got hit by Charlie just 3 weeks ago. That area is just devastated and have not even begun to recover and this storm is crossing over them too. Hope everyone will keep the people of Florida in your prayers.

My mail and servers were down earlier, and they are hosted in Orlando. so were down for a little bit but came right back for now. They have a generator, which I WISH I did. We tried to buy one last week, but there were NONE to be had in Tampa Bay. So all we can do at this point is pray.... and hope we keep power.

As long as I have power I will try to keep this rolling so anyone that wants to know what's happening in the Tampa Bay area can check in. Right now it's still pretty calm. Everyone else has conked out already so I will probably hit the sack soon and see what tomorrow brings. They say we won't get the outer tropical bands yet at least till 11 AM Sunday...it is a SLOOOOOW moving monster.


No comments: