Sunday, September 26, 2004

It's coming here this time

Went to bed last night about 2. I've been so busy with our new product line and working online that I've missed most of the updates. When I went to bed, it was projected to go north of us across the state.

I got up about 9 AM, and turned on the tv. The wind is whipping around but unlike Frances that just howeled, Jeanne is just whipping around but not howling. Jeanne so far has been quiet.

I had a call from my daughter in Minnesota who saw on tv the storm is coming our way. I guess it is, but I think like most in Floirda that watched the last 3, it's almost like sort of an "OH WELL" what next attitude. I have to admit I have the same attitude.

I'm counting my blessings for the power right now.. .. at least i can be online. They say wind is picking up again and they eye is coming our way. They are showing things that are falling down all over, in my area. My trees are blowing and whipping around, but other than that it's like a big rain and wind.

I remember thinking the other day, I was thankful they just picked up the tree limbs that Frances knocked down. Our entire neighbor hood was full of piles of tree limbs last time. Since they got picked up this week, we now have a place to pile the new ones falling down now for another few weeks. I guess I'll be out picking up the yard again later this week. Hopefully I will still have a yard.

Looks like it's still a Catagory 1, and it's headed our way. Center is around Bartow right now which is basically about an hour or so to the east of us. IF I keep power I will keep this updated so those of you around the country can know we're still alive and well in Florida.

Upward and onward
Di

No comments: