Sunday, September 12, 2004

Watching

Storm seems to have slowed and turned to the west north west so again we wait and watch. If this track holds strong for long enough we may be lucky again, but only time will tell.

The weather stations predict this storm will turn eventually to the north east which would be back our way, but we're hoping it will be farther away where it will blow out, nor not come here. I would not wish this storm on any one.

Schools in our area are closed tomorrow, and courts are closed until Thursday. They announced this on Friday since it was a weekend, and if Ivan does come this way they will need the schools for shelters. Guess they did that too early, tomorrow would have been fine for school. Now they will have to watch and see about Tuesday.

Today was a quiet day. I watched the Bucs lose their opener. Hubby smoked up several different meats for us and neighbors as we were planning ahead for the storm. I also worked on catching up some notes to my customers.

I was thinking how much I really accomplished with this storm coming. I did things I had been putting off forever, got all our photos organized and into a plastic tub and cleaned out my closet, and got all the important papers together, and created a spreadsheet with all the important numbers. So in that respect, the storm really helped me get on top of things I've been putting off.

The 11 PM news just came on. They now say it's likely this will be a couple of days away from effecting the weather here, and most likely will be hitting landfall in our panhandle. While it would be great if it didn't come here, I sure don't wish this storm on anyone. It would be nice if it could hit the gulf and just blow out.

It's really funny how people create shortages. We have no gas rationing but we have shortages cause they paniced and our county has used 3 times the normal supply of gas. People are filling up not only vehicles but cans as well. In addition, due to flooding the traffic is horrendous so they burn more gas.

So we wait and watch and watch some more.... and pray.

No comments: