Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Looks like we will squeak thru here

The past 2 days we watched with baited breath, as Ivan wiped out the poor folks in the Islands, and parts of Cuba. We were fortunated that Ivan started going North WEST. Yesterday the newscasters stated shifing their programs to say we were pretty much going to be safe in Tampa Bay.

In the back of my mind, I kept thinking, that's what they thought in Punta Gorda. Charley was the storm the TV casters named for Tampa Bay, only he shifted 3 hours sooner so we were fortuante. I kept thinking that I was not ready to let up my guard and put the faith in the stories quiet yet as the storm could sift at anytime. They were predicting a northeast turn but for later on.

Today is Wednesday, and Ivan has emerged into the gulf. Right now he's 300 or so miles to the southwest of us, and I'm starting to finally believe it's over for our area, but praying for those folks up in the panhandle, Al and Lousiana as this is appears to be the target Ivan has in mind right now.

Weather in our area yesterday was sunny and beautiful. This morning we woke up to a nice day also, but as the day has progressed the sun disappeared, and now it's overcast with a few little drizzles, not really rain. It's just sort of a drab looking day with a slight breeze.

For Tampa Bay, I think we're finally safe from this horrible storm, yet as we begin to breath a little easier, the weatherman now says there is yet ANOTHER tropical depression forming in the Atlantic that has been upgraded to a tropical storm. I believe they said this one is named Jean.

All I know it this is getting pretty old. I've lived in Florida for almost all my life and never do I remember this many storms back to back.

Ivan did help me get more organized, put important papers in the safe deposit box, and pictures into plastic tubs, and get my closet cleaned out. I almost do not recognize my closet and my office, it's so much more organized. Give me a few months and I'm sure it will look more normal.


2 comments:

John Dilbeck said...

Hi Diane,

It looks like you're going to be safe from this one! I know that will help your stress level.

I'm up in the mountains of western NC and the news at lunch says we'll start getting rain from Ivan tonight and it looks like it's going to rain for the next five days as it slows down right over us this weekend.

Fortunately, there shouldn't be much wind, and we can use SOME rain. Most people don't know that there was flooding in Asheville, NC last week because of Frances and it looks like they'll get more this weekend.

These storms are huge. We're already seeing clouds from Ivan now.

I'm happy that all of you in in the bottom part of Florida are going to miss this one and hope that the folks in the panhandle and over into Mississippi and Louisiana will fare well.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on what you're going through down there.

All the best,

JD

lilleba said...

Hello to you, from a grandma in Norway : )
I was just surfing around MLM pages, and came across your page, and I became curious about your blogg. I have also been MLM'ing almost 3 years, and started a blog of my own this summer. I think your blog is very nice, and I am sure you enjoy the MLM as much as I do.
I have several pages made, and I can welcome you to my blogg at: http://time4fun.blogspot.com/
Best regards Lilleba