Friday, September 03, 2004

One Movie Later

Back again.

Still waiting on Frances. It's now about 9 PM. We watched a movie, then took a break to jump online answer mail, and catch up on the news to see where the storm is now.

Looks like it is still sitting over the Bahamas, moving at only 4 MPH which is extremely slow. Compared to Charlie of 3 weeks ago, this is SLOW. Charlie was clipping along at 20 MPH, and was strong.

Frances was a category 4 storm just 2 days ago, and earlier today it stalled over the Bahamas and went down to a CAT 3. NOW.... tunining in it's down to a CAT 2 with 105 MPH Winds.

Checking in online I saw one of my friends from the other coast and he did NOT evacuate, and he's close to where the storm is coming in...so hopefully it won't pick up again. Only time will tell.

Now it looks like it wont reach our state land until 2 PM tomorrow afternoon, of course no one knows anything for certain with these things.

We are still waiting and watching.

More updates to come.

Back to another movie for me.

Upward and onward

Diane

1 comment:

John Dilbeck said...

Hi Diane,

I know what it feels like to sit and wait for a hurricane to come.

When I was a kid, we lived in Vero Beach and I slept through several hurricanes at my grandfather's house. It was amazing to see those huge Australian pines bend almost to the ground.

I'm not the nervous type, but a hurricane just isn't your average storm.

I have several cousins and an aunt who still live in Vero Beach and some more cousins who live in West Palm Beach, and it's on it's way to them.

I'm not exactly sure where Jon Arnold lives, but I think he's in that general area, too.

I'm hoping this storm won't be as devastating as the recent one, and I hope all of you are spared the worst of it.

We're thinking about you.

All the best,

JD